Friday, November 21, 2008

And, so, it begins...


Today, Annie and I went with friends Ella and Emily to see the Macy's 8th Floor Display downtown. Each year, they have an elaborate holiday animatronics display, and this year's theme was "A Day in the Life of the Elf." Annie attended last year and was mildly entertained, but this year she was transfixed by it all. She stared and stared, pointed, gave Mrs. Claus a "high five" then quickly said "bye-bye" so she could move on to look at the singing Christmas Trees; all-in-all, her reaction made me quite excited for all the ensuing holiday activities, what a fun year it will be to watch it through her eyes! So, this morning's outing makes me feel as if the holidays are upon us. This weekend we will celebrate Thanksgiving with friends, then will have a number of Thanksgiving celebrations with Eric's family over the course of the week, then Advent begins, and December arrives!!

Annie's very excited about snow, unfortunately nothing has stuck for any length of time yet, but she loves trying out her coat and boots (sometimes while trying out other things!).


We enjoyed celebrating Eric's mom birthday with her a couple of weekends ago. Annie, as usual, enjoyed being silly with Daddy and it was a special treat to share that with Grandma Barb.



One of Annie's favorite new places to sit is the magazine basket, it actually looks quite comfortable for someone her size. She especially enjoys having a "bum" (cereal bar--perhaps she's combining the word bar and yum?) in this basket.


I'm mainly including this next photo to show how long her hair is getting, she's yet to have a hair cut as I really don't want to lose those sweet baby curls in the back! She's posing with one of her many stuffed animals. I keep thinking I need to put some of them away, but she is continues to be very deliberate in dividing her time amongst them all and each seems to have a special place in her play that I can't bring myself to do it...



As it gets darker (now around 4:30, yikes) I start to hear Annie chanting "Daddy, Daddy" more and more. She loves when he arrives home, and typically enjoys some exceptionally goofy time with him as we get dinner going.

3 comments:

EDH said...

What a fun post! Annie continues to be sweet as can be...

So, what's the grown-up verdict on the Macy's display? Was it as good as Harry Potter???

We will miss you at Thanksgiving this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Annie,

You are so darling! Your mommy and daddy are going to make it a very special holiday season for you, and I know you will delight them with your appreciation for everything. Be sure to ask your mommy about putting on a Christmas pageant!

Love, Tiff, Andy, and Anna

Emilie said...

Hi Jenia - I found your blog through Liz's. It's fun to see pictures of Annie now that I've seen her in person. :)

Was the Macy's display as good as you make it sound? A friend of mine said she thought it was a little creepy, especially at the beginning, so I've been debating whether to go. (Daniel really liked the Nutcracker exhibit last year.)