The excitement at our house over the past three months has been palpable; of course, growing throughout the summer as we approached the final countdown for kindergarten. Last night, there were squeals--girly, loud, giggly squeals--from Annie when I told her it was time to pack her lunch for kindergarten. Our house seems extremely quiet today, and Siri and I have had some nice playtime (okay, potty training, joy of all joys) together, wondering how Annie's day has been going. Siri picked out flowers and we baked a pie to celebrate with Annie tonight...
Here are just a few photos from this morning:
 |
| Our kindergartener at breakfast |
 |
| Ready of the day, with her schultüte (or kinder cone - a German tradition--all the kindergartners brought theirs with them to school today, they'll open them when they get home -- filled with school supplies and candy...) |
 |
| Arriving at school |
 |
Decorating her name tag
And then, we left. I think Eric shed a few tears. I was actually more emotional all last week, anticipating the day. Annie didn't seem to bat an eye at our departure.
Other favorite moments from this past week (I thought you'd never ask):
Siri: (patting her pillow), "Let's play sleep over. I'll sleep over here. You sleep over there."
Annie: (to Siri while the three of us cuddle on the bed, as we talk about all of our upcoming transitions) "You need to remember that you can't say you can't play. You need to let people play with you. That's a rule at preschool. That's what preschool is all about, learning to play together." |
1 comment:
Oh! It's so hard when kids start kindergarten. I hope you're handling it okay Mommy!
Post a Comment